Ukraine - the Netherlands Urban Network

What do you need as a Ukrainian designer to be able to work in the Netherlands?

In order to be able to work, you need to go to your local town hall to register in the Personal Records Database (in Dutch: Basisregistratie Personen or BRP). Registration means that you pass on your personal data and (temporary) address to the local council (gemeente). You will receive a BSN-number which is needed for the ‘employment contract’. See for more information: https://ind.nl

What does an employer who wants to hire a Ukrainian designer have to arrange?

Employers who want to employ Ukrainians must report this to the UWV (Employee Insurance Agency). They do not have to apply for a work permit. At this moment a Ukrainian employee can only be employed on the basis of an ‘employment contract’ and is not allowed to be self-employed. See for more information: https://www.uwv.nl